Monday, March 17, 2008

Padma Lakshmi: It Took AIDS Orphans to Make Me Realize Divorcing Fat, Balding Man Old Enough to Be My Father Not Really So Bad After All






















Quoth Page Six:

March 15, 2008 -- PADMA Lakshmi was so depressed about her spilt [sic] from Salman Rushdie last year, she had trouble getting out of bed in the morning and couldn't stop sobbing. But she got her priorities straight when a friend suggested she start working with AIDS charity Act Now India. "I thought to myself, 'Hey, if anything, this will keep me from just lying there crying all day,' " the ravishing "Top Chef" star tells Glamour. After touring orphanages crammed with AIDS-afflicted kids, Lakshmi thought, "OK, I don't have it worse than these people. I should just get over myself."

No comments: