Thursday, March 27, 2008

Amuse-Biatch Feigns Shock and Surprise as Ryan Scott Is Caught Trying to Toss Rick Bayless’ Waldorf Salad

From the Bravo interview with guest judge Rick Bayless:

“I chose not to know anything about the chefs beforehand because I wanted to go in with a completely clean slate, but Ryan [Scott] had worked in our kitchen at one time and I sort of recognized him, but when he was presenting his dish to me in the Quickfire Challenge he brought up the fact that he’d worked in our kitchen for a day or two, and he did it in a total brown-nosey way, and I was so taken aback because then I remembered him and I remembered that I didn’t really care for him. That was the worst thing he could have done, and he thought it was going to be a really positive thing. Immediately I remembered him and the swagger with which he walked through the kitchen, and that doesn’t go over very well in our kitchen. If he’d just kept his mouth shut, I wouldn’t have put two and two together. I might have later, but I wouldn’t have done it by the time the challenge was over.”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watch Top Chef to watch great chefs make great food. And they give us a block party and corn dogs? YAWN.

Anonymous said...

Check out my take on episode 3 at barredowl.wordpress.com

Ryan is such a suck-up! I am totally not surpised that Bayless remembered him b/c of his brown-nosing!

as usual, you guys are awesome!

the dogs' mother said...

Ouch!

hughman said...

Scary Spice on Top Chef.

yeah, not the concert ticket you thought you were.

Anonymous said...

I went to culinary school with Ryan Scott and Bayless is so RIGHT! Ryan was an arrogant brown noser who could not boil water! He was so mean to his fellow classmates and just sucked up to the chef professors. He thought he was God’s gift to women and would make horrible remarks to the women who let him know he wasn’t. He was very jealous and vindictive towards the chefs with talent too. He got booted from Gary Danko’s in San Francisco, because of his attitude. I can hardly wait until they boot his sorry ass off. I see Tom doesn’t like him and Rocco called him “thick.”

Anonymous said...

Wow. How many kitchens has he worked in for 'a short time'? It came out on last night's episode that he also worked for Daniel Boulud's kitchen for a couple of days. It appears he likes it get in and out quick.

Anonymous said...

i bet you're DALE'S biggest fan...just say it, don't be shy... you even invested some of your time to google him to find those comments...that confirms it...you're a douchebag lover!

Unknown said...

Rocco called him "dense"...
I think he's just one of those guys who thinks he's somethin' special, and he ... ain't.

Bye-bye. Just a matter of when.

Anonymous said...

I think he is gay and should come out. He is also very arrogant and self-absorbed.