Thursday, July 26, 2007

Amuse-Biatch Presents the Tastiest Dish Casey Thompson Has Ever Created














Possums, forget the French toast that won her the Quickfire Challenge. This is Casey Thompson's winning dish. Indeed, it is she, and not Joey Paulino, who has a future in tarts. And we can think of no higher compliment.

We always had a soft spot for Lia Bardeen because she worked for Jean-Georges Vongerichten, studied literature in college, and wanted to be a literature professor. That's just about our definition of the perfect woman. Well, if we liked women in that way. (Nigella Lawson and Little Debbie, she of the Oatmeal Creme Pies, are also perfect women as far as we're concerned).

And yet, not since Dorothy Malone let down her hair in the bookstore in front of Humphrey Bogart in The Big Sleep had we seen such a va-vavoom transformation of an adorable bluestocking into a full-throttle vamp.

And we owe it all to Casey, who became Lia's bazoom buddy during the show. Before Casey of the Bad Highlights and the Push-up Bra got ahold of her, Lia had the perhaps fraught relationship with her appearance that you would expect of a Literature or Women's Studies major: as she mentioned in an interview, "my hair was always changing - I loved dyeing it and cutting it in crazy ways. I shaved my head when I was a junior and pierced my nose."

Imagine, then, the clarity of vision that came when, as Lia confessed, Casey "taught [her] to blow-dry [her] hair straight."

And just look at the results. You blow-dry a woman's hair straight, you make her look good for a day. You teach a woman how to blow-dry her own hair straight, you make her look good for a lifetime. Bless you, Sister Casey. Thy good works shall indeed be remembered.

12 comments:

Big Shamu said...

Really, quite the tasty dish. And I do like women. Thank you Casey. A little young for me but wow, just a pleasure.

Vic said...

Yes, lovely Lia. Fabulous.

Marius said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Charlus. Lia won me over slowly but surely. And her transformation was amazing. She looked amazing on the reunion special.

Anonymous said...

First Lia looked good to me in the hot tub and seemed down-to-earth since she was drinking a beer.

Then she looked good in that all black outfit she was in while straddling whatever it was she was on while talking to Casey.

And finally she turns it up to 11 on me during the reunion special and like anonymous I'm going "WOW!".

She's not too you for me but isn't she married?

It was too bad that she got knifed. But if she didn't get knifed then we couldn't have seen her looking like she did on the reunion / rehash special (at least not until the one at the end of the season). Hmm...

Also - Casey has bad highlights? Uh... I never really noticed... But I will give her my equivalent of the "Get Out of Soup Free card" for the good work she has done.

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming the reference to Casey's bad highlights has to do with the fact that only the top and face-framing side’s of her hair are highlighted. Any good stylist (I consider myself one) would ask a client requesting highlights if they pull their hair back. If the answer is yes, highlights would be applied to the sides, and undersides near the back of the neck. This way, when the hair is pulled into a ponytail, you will continue to see the highlights. Not the light strip of streaks on top (known as skunk strip) Casey sports on the show. Hello, hair coloring 101.

kora in hell said...

Yes. Lia is so beautiful. I just hope that being on television doesn't force her into thinking she has to lose weight.

It is so refreshing to see how much more beautiful a woman is when she has some flesh and curves.

Next to Lia the thinner women are less attractive: they are too angular and bony (even if, as with Casey, they do have atomic boobs that point straight out).

Also Lia had one of the funniest comebacks for the judges (about underestimating the complexity of pork and beans). I imagine, that was the point when we all decided she was fabulous.

Anonymous said...

absolutely...she looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Just to comment, I've known Lia for a while. She used to have a girlfriend. But she definitely was sleeping with a lot of boys while she was dating, and living, with the girl. She was never a shy bookish little girl. She has, and wears, black lingerie with garters and all. Curly or straight, blonde or brunette, she is, or at least was, a dangerous sexpot.

Anonymous said...

amen.

kora in hell said...

"she definitely was sleeping with a lot of boys while she was dating, and living, with the girl ... She has, and wears, black lingerie with garters and all ... she is, or at least was, a dangerous sexpot."

Now that's some delicious dish!

Anonymous said...

"she definitely was sleeping with a lot of boys while she was dating, and living, with the girl ... She has, and wears, black lingerie with garters and all ... she is, or at least was, a dangerous sexpot.

Now that's some delicious dish!"

Yeah, but did you ever think for just ONE SECOND it could be complete BS? "I read it on the internet, it must be true!" OK, OK, I admit it....I was just ONE of her MANY anonymous LOVERS! LOL!. Give me a break.....

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose it could be something made up, but it isn't. She just broke up with her girlfriend and moved out less than a year ago. They had dated for years. But during that time she was known to have slept with many co-workers and chefs at the River Cafe and I believe at JG. Maybe some at Zoe before all that. She's dating a boy now, there by making her entire family of lesbians (sister, mother) I suppose somewhat sad.